February 25, 2009

progress, beautiful progress.

I've finally seen it, progress that my homeschooling Kaatlin may be doing some good. Kaatlin has been in the process of writing a report for awhile now. She has found her sources, done her bibliography, created topics , took notes from her topics,recorded facts and made an outline. All great no problem. But in the past drafting the body of the essay has been, painful. But yesterday she did it without batting her eye. She took her outline locked herself in my room, to help keep out the distractions, and she did a great job for a first draft. It is a challenge for me see any progress, what can I say I'm a terrible pestimist:( I'm so proud to see Kaatlin beginning to grow up and do her work independently. There is reason to hope:)

4 comments:

Elizabeth C said...

THAT IS SO WONDERFUL TO SEE THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABORS PAYING OFF!! THAT MUST BE SO REWARDING!! :)

Mandy Cheney said...

I don't know if I feel rewarded as much as relieved:)

Angela said...

This gives me hope! How nice for you!

Celestia said...

This is how I needed to study and still how I have to study to pay attention, go in a room by myself to block out all noise. In college I put headphones with classical music on and read scriptures before studying and that seemed to help a lot too.